Thursday, February 17, 2005

Howdy!



Welcome to the 2005 version of Honky Tonk Highway! The image above might lead some to think this is a site about rusty old utes (pick-ups in Amerilingo) but it's more than that. I'm hoping to surpass the vision I had for the original Honky Tonk Highway blog (affectionately known, then, as now, mostly, as HTH). That vision was to bring to light all that was good (and sometimes bad) about music which could be loosely gathered around the "honky tonk" genre (argh! - I hate that word but it will have to do for now!). "Loosely", in this case, would allow me to find and link to stories and events in the country, bluegrass, rockabilly, folk, alt country styles of music and to promote discussion of same from all and sundry. However, the stultifying effects of waiting for discussion from readers (nil) led me to think it wasn't worthwhile running a blog to please only myself. Possibly not so silly! This time I'm going to do EXACTLY THAT! And I'm going to be as political as I like and as cranky as I like and as irreverent as i like. Maybe I should have named this blog "As I Like!" Whatever, this thing's on the road (er, highway!) and it's open slather from now on. If anyone knows the owner of the image of rusty old trucks, could you let me know. I'm prepared to remove it or acknowledge copyright whenever the rightful owner deems it necessary. I've taken up so much time getting this page up it's already past sleep time so I'll say farewell until the next day and some new and adventurous posting in the future.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?