Sunday, April 30, 2006

Lost and found and . . . lost again!

Take a good look at this vehicle . . .












. . . is there anything about it that makes it stand out from other vehicles of a similar type? Does it possess some hidden (to me) values which make it totally desirable to people other than its legal owner?

I'm actually looking for some justification as to why the van has been stolen twice in two months! The first time, in February, it was taken from outside my premises in Petersham and found five days later at Auburn with no damage and everything still intact (I mean EVERYTHING - including tools, camping gear, CDs and various odds and ends). Bloody joyrider-type who was too lazy to get a bus or train but who gets a tiny bit of appreciation from me for not torching it or trashing the gear inside. A $220 towing/safe recovery fee taught me to ALWAYS put the clublock on the steering wheel to detur all but the most insistent of car thieves. That is until . . .

. . . last Thursday I went to Bunnings hardware supermarket at Mascot and spent all of five minutes inside and came out to find my van had been stolen from their carpark!! Noticed the security cameras installed all over the place and promptly went to the store management to see if I could view the footage. Not connected!! - I was informed. Have a feeling I won't be so fortunate in getting the van back this time and I'll never have another opportunity to impose a more strict ruling on the use of the clublock or to re-set my previous strict rule to NEVER leave anything of any value visible in the car.

Anyways if you see her passing by . . . call the cops!! It's a 1991 Toyota Lite Ace with number plate UTA 164.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?